Thank you for considering entering Signal Awards! Below is a list of key dates, followed by an overview of what to expect during this season.
SEASON OVERVIEW: March 2022 – December 2022
Key dates for the season
- March 29 2022: Call For Entries Opens
- May 6th 2022: Early Entry Deadline
- June 24, 2022: Final Entry Deadline
- November 2022: Finalists Announced
- January 2023: Winners Announced and 1st Annual Signal Awards Ceremony
I entered. Now what?
- Entering: Congratulations! Your work is now in the running to join thousands of other podcast professionals. Now, take a breath and enjoy a pat on the back. Just by entering Signal Awards, you’ve acknowledged that you and your team have created incredible work this year.
- Be Inspired: As a Signal Award entrant, you’re now a member of the Signal community. Welcome. Stay tuned for features on our website including new initiatives from our partners and profiles of our judges and community.
How Does Judging Work?
- Judging Process: Judging for the 1st Annual Signal Awards is ongoing throughout the process. Tip: Double check your entries to make sure your links are live and uploads are working. It makes the judging process smoother and ensures your work is being seen in the best light. You will be alerted via email when judging begins, among other updates, so make sure to keep firstname.lastname@example.org on your preferred senders list to not miss any news.
Who judges Signal Awards?
You have the honor of having your work heard by some of the brightest minds and foremost luminaries in podcasting. Our Founding Signal Jurors will help guide the initial judging processes; they include:
Trevor McNeal – Global Social Lead, Podcasts at Amazon Music
Ray Chao – General Manager of Audio, Vox Media
Nikki Silva – Co-founder, The Kitchen Sisters
Debbie Millman – Host, Design Matters
DeRay Mckesson – Co-founder & Executive Chair, Campaign Zero
Jessica Cordova Kramer – CEO and Co-founder, Lemonada Media
Maurice Cherry – Host & Creator, Revision Path
Rachael King – CEO, Pod People
Read about the judging process and criteria here.
Each entry is evaluated by multiple judges who provide scores based on the appropriate criteria. The top scoring entries are determined to be Winners. A category may have multiple Winners, or none at all, depending on relevant scoring.
How and when will I know if I am a Signal Finalist and/or Winner?
- Finalist Announcement: The 1st Annual Signal Awards Finalists will be announced in November 2022. All Signal Award participants will receive notification via email on how they placed in the competition. We will also make public announcements through the press, with the Signal Awards newsletter, and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Keep up with us everywhere for the latest updates and exclusives about Special Achievement honorees, ceremony event details and more.
- Winner Announcement: The 1st Annual Signal Awards Winners will be announced in December 2022. All Signal Award participants will receive notification via email on how they placed in the competition. We will also make public announcements through the press, with the Signal Awards newsletter, and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Keep up with us everywhere for the latest updates and exclusives about Special Achievement honorees, ceremony event details and more.
If you have any further questions about Signal Awards, don’t hesitate to be in touch via email@example.com